The Syntropy of Yoga Basel Year 2
Time & Location
09/06, 09:00 – 11/06, 17:00
Basel, Steinenvorstadt 33, 4051 Basel, Switzerland
About the event
With Billy Konrad, Sr. Iyengar Yoga Instructor and Tobias Lotan Dr. of Osteopathy and Yoga Instructor.
A Journey to reclaim a life in resonance
with our own hearts.
Five 3 day weekends per year:
Fridays 9h-12h & 14h-17h
Saturday 9h-12h & 14h-17h
Sunday 9h-12h & 14h-17h
20 hours of in-class study, practice and training per weekend.
100 hours per year.
300 hours for the entire Program.
1,500 euros per year.
350 euros per weekend
All primary texts from the Vedic/Yogic tradition assert that the cause of human suffering is avidya, lack of knowledge of self, and its embodiment. The cure to this suffering, therefore, is vidya, acquired knowledge of self and its embodiment. Yoga is an instrument to reveal the divine being encoded in the human embodiment. It is an art and a tradition designed to unlock that code, and reveal the divinity within. Through an organized, comprehensive, step by step curriculum, Billy and Tobias will guide the students through a 3-year detailed exploration of the various layers and sheaths of that embodiment. From the structural, mechanical outer frame; through the vast elegant network of the physiology and pranic systems; into the deeper realms of the psyche, the various psychological profiles, and the fire of their emotions; and deeper still into the ethereal realms of the Self, the ever present jiva, and the profound silence of being itself. Sat.
Billy and Tobias combine their unique experience, study and training to bring a fresh perspective to this ancient and noble art. Subjects covered in detail:
- Asana: crisp, detailed sequences with interactive PDF’s will be given each weekend for subjects covered; a 3-year, 3-Level structure will be revealed, following a step by step evolution in intensity and refinement; 20 total sequences given per year, 60 for the entire Program; a model and usable ‘blueprint’ will emerge for instructors and practitioners alike to follow and organize a 3-Year, multi-Level progression for their regular public classes and/or private practice.
- Patterns of Movement: the asana taught will be explored, contextualized and organized through 10 distinct patterns of archetypal human movement; each year these movements will be repeated and re-examined through an increasing variety of asana, becoming more refined, complex, and intense; this approach will facilitate mobility, suppleness, functional strength, stability, pranic voltage, intimacy with the breath, resolution of tension patterns, capacity to down-regulate the nervous system in intense situations, and a clear, coherent mind.
- Pranayama – each weekend will include at least 3 sessions of pranayama and/or breath work.
- Anatomy and Physiology – each weekend Tobias will teach 2 or 3 interactive, participatory, hands on anatomy and/or physiology ‘lectures’ to refine, clarify, and deepen the impact of our practice. Group work and home exploration will be given.
- Philosophy – the purpose of yoga is to calm and clarify the mind, enliven the physical body, and anchor the divine into the individual human embodiment; the philosophy, texts, teachers, and traditions that unfold this vision infuse all that makes up the Program, and all that fires Billy and Tobias in their practice; explicit study and presentation of these teachings will vary and depend on the profile, progression and energy of individual groups.